I like 3D printing, electronics, programming and making stuff. I also enjoy the Stargate TV-series and decided to try and make a “working” model of the Stargate as seen in the TV-show. This was a challenging and fun project for me, and I had to learn a lot of new stuff. This has been (and still is) a very time consuming project. There are a few variations of Stargates used in the show and I chose to make the original one from the Stargate SG1 series. There are also several logical “glitches” in the technical workings of the Stargate as seen in the TV show and it even behaves differently in different episodes of the show. I have made it work as best I can while staying as true as possible to the feeling and essence of the TV-Show.
This project is still ongoing and updates to this site will happen.
- A fully interactive working Stargate, complete with a DHD (Dial Home Device).
- The Stargate ring spins and places the dialed symbol on the correct chevron as the traveler is inputting the address by using the DHD.
- All 7 chevrons moves and lights up when engaged.
- The Stargate can dial any milky-way address, as long as you input a valid destination.
- When a correct address is input using the DHD, the wormhole is established.
- The wormhole effect consists of a animated infinity mirror of 122 LED’s.
- Complete with all sound effects from the TV Show.
- When the wormhole stays open, selected random audio clips from the TV-Show is played.
- As in the TV-Show the wormhole can stay open for 38 minutes. When the time limit is reached, a random quote from the show where the time limit is mentioned is played and the wormhole disengages.
- The Stargate itself is about 39 cm in diameter.
Questions or comments?
Have you got any questions or comments related to this project? Feel free to use the form below. The form is moderated and your comment will not appear to the world until it’s approved. Would you rather want to contact me directly, you can reach me at email@example.com